Night Shift Fabricator
Fabrication | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Night Shift Fabricator
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Night Shift Fabricator will utilize a variety of industrial fabrication machines to produce the metal parts used to manufacture equipment. Night shift is typically 10:00pm to 6:30am, Sunday night through Friday morning. The Fabricator is responsible for the correct set up and operation of fabricating machines that accurately modify the form, fit, and function of material. Fabricating machines include processes to cut, bend, and clean material. The Fabricator will use bills of material, mechanical drawings, customer order specifications, verbal instructions, and sample parts to produce accurate parts. The Fabricator will mark, clean, move, and organize parts according to current job packet. Fabricators will be available for fluctuating shifts and overtime where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. Fabricators will demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently operate machinery (saw, punch, shear, drill, press brake, burn table, etc.) to produce metal parts per customer orders in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Inspect parts, both visually and technically (dimensional inspection), to ensure accuracy and quality standards have been met;
- Understand parts usage, correct parts flow, and proper organization/staging of parts between product lines;
- Become a technical expert for products fabricated and be top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as forklift and overhead crane;
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machinery;
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using timesheets and other methods identified by Supervisor;
- Recommend process improvements and participate in process improvement efforts;
- Actively work with internal and external customers to identify and resolve problems.
- Previous manufacturing or fabrication experience preferred;
- Proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division);
- Proficient in all types of measuring tools as required (tape measures, micrometers, calipers, etc.);
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience reading and interpreting instructional drawings and schematics;
MACHINES TYPICALLY OPERATED
- Iron worker, saw, drill press, mill, lathe, shear, press brake, burn table, water jet, belt sander, forklift, etc.;
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Heavy work involving:
- Repetitive Motions
- Small motor skills
- Visual acuity
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions typical of a manufacturing environment. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places. The employee may be exposed to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE