In-House Service Technician
Service and Repair | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: In-House Service Technician (SRO Technician)
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The In-House Service Technician is responsible for the final assembly, reconfiguration, and in-house service of customer machines and trade-in equipment. The Technician will assemble and troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems on the full line of Spudnik models. The Technician will utilize bills of material, mechanical drawings, customer order specifications, verbal instructions, and sample parts to accurately assemble machines and subcomponents. The Technician is responsible for completing final inspections of machines and subcomponents prior to delivery to customer to ensure the highest quality product is being delivered. Technicians will be available for fluctuating shifts and overtime where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. Technicians will demonstrate high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively work in a cooperative and respectful manner with internal and external customers to identify and solve problems.
- Recommend process improvements and participate in process improvement efforts;
- Keep and maintain accurate records using timesheets and other methods identified by department manager;
- Assist with packaging and shipping of equipment or parts as needed;
- Coordinate with Manager to identify and requisition parts needed for assembly;
- Become a technical expert for products assembled and be a top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Safely operate tools and material handling equipment such as forklift and overhead crane;
- Perform inspection, testing, and troubleshooting of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical (high voltage), and electronic (low voltage) components and systems to ensure correct operation of machine;
- Complete and customize machines and component parts through the rebuilding, fabrication, and assembly of parts and subcomponents per customer;
- Meet and maintain SRO department schedule as set by department manager;
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision;
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment;
- Fill in during team member absence;
- Promote the company's core values: integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
- Experience with hydraulic systems preferred;
- Experience with electrical systems preferred;
- Knowledge of good safety practices;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to read blue prints and written instruction;
- Ability to read a tape measure and other measuring tools;
- Proficient in basic shop math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division);
- Well-developed knowledge of processes, equipment, parts, systems, tools, and machinery in agricultural equipment service and repair;
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY OPERATED
- Welders, gas cutting equipment, pneumatic and electrical powered stationary and portable metal working equipment, various pieces of test equipment, lift trucks, trucks, and pickup trucks.
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Heavy work involving:
Climbing Balancing Stooping Kneeling Crouching Crawling
Reaching Standing Walking Pushing Pulling Hearing
Talking Grasping Feeling Handling Repetitive Motions
Small motor skills Visual acuity Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Activities occur both in and outside the shop with a variety of physical and environmental conditions such as sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. Subject to temperatures below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. One or more of the following conditions affect the respiratory system or the skin, fumes, odors, dusts mists, gases, or poor ventilation. The worker is subject to oil because there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids. The worker may be required to wear a respirator.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE