Hydraulic Engineer Intern
Engineering | Blackfoot, ID | Internship
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position at our Blackfoot, ID location:
POSITION: Hydraulic Engineer Intern
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Hydraulic Engineer Intern assists in the design, construction, repair, and installation of hydraulic control systems for agricultural equipment that plants, harvests, and transports potato crops. The Intern will record and track project schedule, task status, and changes in designated project management software in a timely and accurate manner. Teamwork and customer service skills are important as Interns are expected to work directly and indirectly with customers, plant personnel, and other engineers. Quality of workmanship, attention to detail, and self-motivation are critical assets for this position. Tasks and projects typically include research, component selection, design, testing, documentation, and production support. Design work includes hydraulic schematics and CAD drafting/modeling of hydraulic hoses and parts. Intern must be willing and able to work with their hands, working in outdoor and inclement weather conditions at times in addition to designing in an office environment. The Hydraulic Engineer Intern will demonstrate high levels of responsibility and accountability, working effectively and efficiently on all assigned tasks and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Design agricultural equipment control systems using requirements provided by sales staff, customers and management;
- Properly size hydraulic cylinders and motors to meet machine specifications, using appropriate pumps and control flow valves;
- Design hydraulic circuits to carry out specific machine functions using appropriate pumps and flow control valves;
- Troubleshoot hydraulic problems on existing machine;
- Perform hands-on work with equipment to test, adjust, modify, and repair machinery under construction or in the field;
- Use designated CAD systems to design hose routings, electrical component placement, routing of wiring harnesses, and 3D design and layout of electrical panels to meet design specifications provided by Electrical engineers;
- Communicate with designers, detailers, fabricators, and customers effectively and professionally;
- Create, maintain, and provide complete and accurate documentation of designs including schematics, prints, diagrams, and bills of material;
- Specify the final assembly process for successful equipment production;
- Ensure equipment safety and quality by implementing DFMEA in critical design areas using standard engineering practices;
- Convey ideas and concepts to sales staff, customers, and designers including regularly;
- Work closely with Supervisor to keep a clear focus on company goals and objectives.
- Enrollment in or completion of 4-year degree program in Mechanical or Hydraulic Engineering, or related field;
- Demonstrated background and developed knowledge in hydraulic system development including analysis, troubleshooting, and assembly of pumps valves, motors, cylinders, sensors, accumulators, and hoses/fittings;
- Ability to work successfully from verbal or written instructions;
- Ability to effectively work with CAD systems, spreadsheets, word processing documents, and other applicable computer systems and software;
- Detailed project management skills with focus on scheduling, goal setting, communication, and completion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com