Production | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Hydraulic Assembler
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Hydraulic Assembler is responsible for the assembly and installation of hydraulic systems on manufactured machines according to customer order through the use of blueprints, drawings, and verbal instructions. This will include assembling hydraulic components as well as assembling fabricated component parts. The Hydraulic Assembler is responsible for performing final inspection of hydraulic work quality before releasing for shipment. The Hydraulic Assembler will perform troubleshooting analysis when necessary and actively work to develop solutions. Hydraulic Assembler will be available for shift-work where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. Hydraulic Assembler will demonstrate high level of responsibility and accountability, working effectively and efficiently on assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assemble machines and hydraulic component parts per customer orders in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan;
- Become a technical expert for hydraulic components of products manufactured and be top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Perform troubleshooting analysis during assembly and make necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operation of machine while maintaining quality standards;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Know and use the applicable hydraulic, belt, chain, and motor formulas;
- Know and use applicable bearing size ratio for each machine;
- Coordinate with Lead Person to identify and requisition hydraulic parts needed for assembly;
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using time sheets and other methods identified by Supervisor;
- Assist other areas of assembly when needed.
Previous mechanical assembly experience preferred;
Proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division);
Proficient in all types of measuring tools as required (tape measures, micrometers, calipers, etc.);
Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
Experience reading and interpreting instructional drawings and schematics;
MACHINES TYPICALLY OPERATED
Power tools and hand tools such as air drill, rivet gun, impact wrench, drill press, grinder, etc.;
Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Medium work involving:
- Repetitive Motions
- Small Motor Skills
- Visual Acuity
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions. May have temperature changes due to working inside a shop. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE