Fabrication | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Fabrication Manager
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Fabrication Manager is a vital role at Spudnik Equipment Company that is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities associated with the production of equipment, specifically fabrication of parts using industrial metal-working machines. The Manager oversees allocation of resources, process improvement, project management, quality standards, and the development and achievement of departmental and organizational goals. The Manager is responsible for personnel management in assigned departments. The Manager plays an active role in providing counseling and guidance to supervisory personnel in monitoring and managing employee activity and performance. Communication, teamwork and customer service skills are important as all managers are expected to work directly and indirectly with employees, other managers, supervisors, customers, and outside vendors. The Production Manager will consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other Work with Director and Manager groups to establish and implement policies and procedures regarding performance, quality standards, safety, personnel management, etc.;
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of Spudnik’s current operating procedures and policies with a commitment to put them into practice and ensure that all operations are carried out in accordance with Spudnik’s established policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism toward all internal and external customers;
- Be a top performer in leadership, safety, and work ethics;
- Drive process improvement and promote Lean principles;
- Develop personnel through use of hiring, training, performance management, coaching, disciplinary actions, terminations, and similar personnel management activities;
- Coach and support team members in achieving department goals;
- Actively organize and prioritize needs of assigned departments in concert with organizational needs and priorities;
- Coordinate with Production Director to establish, implement, and track department budgets and the use of available inventories and resources;
- Manage all aspects of floor inventory including physical and electronic inventories;
- Identify and justify any necessary capital improvements needed and present proposals to Director Group for consideration.
- Current or previous position at supervisor or manager level with Spudnik Equipment Company or minimum 5 years supervisory experience in similar environment;
- Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, related degree or a minimum of 5 years related industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience;
- Lean experience preferred, but not required;
- Well-developed knowledge of processes, equipment, parts, systems, tools, and machinery required in fabrication, weld, assembly, and paint department activities;
- Capacity to effectively lead a team and provide support of, and compliance with, employment laws and regulations;
- Ability to calculate, analyze, and track figures and competently make decisions based on those figures;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to effectively work with ERP system, spreadsheets, word processing documents, and other applicable computer systems and software.
MACHINES TYPICALLY OPERATED
- Basic clerical machines including computer, printer, adding machine, telephone, fax machine, etc.;
- Other machines or equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Medium work involving:
- Repetitive motions
- Small motor skills
- Visual acuity
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions typical of a manufacturing environment. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The environment includes a variety of physical conditions such a proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working on scaffolding or other high places. The employee may be exposed to one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
PAY: DOE, salaried exempt
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page