Electrical Engineer Intern
Engineering | Blackfoot, ID | Internship
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position at our Blackfoot, ID location:
POSITION: Electrical Engineer Intern
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
Electrical Engineer Intern assists in the design of control systems for agricultural equipment. Intern is responsible to for analysis, scheduling, task development, and completion of assigned projects. Intern will record and track project schedule, task status, and changes in project management software in an accurate and timely manner. Tasks and projects will include research, documentation, testing and production support. Additionally, Intern will be responsible for accurate and detailed preparation of bill of materials, schematics, and instructions necessary to facilitate the production of designed materials. Quality of workmanship, attention to detail, and self-motivation are required qualities for this position. Teamwork and customer service skills are vitally important as the Intern works directly and indirectly with customers, vendors, employees, supervisors and managers. Intern will demonstrate high levels of responsibility and accountability; working effectively and efficiently at all times. Intern must be able to work with their hands outdoors as well as capable of designing in an office environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Design electrical and electronic systems, wiring harnesses, and/or PCB assemblies, complete with schematics and instructions;
- Develop specifications, selection, and quotation components for electrical and electronic assemblies;
- Test and troubleshoot electrical systems, components, and assemblies and develop proposal on corrective action;
- Develop software for electronic control systems;
- Learn quality standards and know the quality measurements for electric component assembly;
- Provide cost justification for various products by providing complete and accurate bills of material;
- Perform audits on jobs and projects for completeness and accuracy;
- Be a top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics.
- Enrolled in a 4 year Electrical Engineering program or completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge and/or experience programming in ‘C’ for embedded processors including file systems, task scheduling, user interfacing, and I/O control;
- Understanding of electronic design principles including circuit analysis and design, layout/design of schematics and printed circuit boards, and user interfaces for machine control and setup/configuration;
- Working knowledge of system level design and assembly including sensors/actuators, wiring harnesses, enclosures, user interfaces, and power supplies;
- Ability to read and interpret instructional drawings and schematics;
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to effectively work with CAD systems, spreadsheets, word processing documents, and other applicable computer systems and software.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.