Production | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
POSITION: Electrical Assembler
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Electrical Assembler is responsible for the assembly and configuration of machines according to customer orders. In addition to mechanical assembly, the Assembler will assemble and install required electrical components and wiring. The Assembler will use bills of material, mechanical and electrical drawings, customer order specifications, verbal instructions, and sample parts to accurately assemble machines and subcomponents. The Assembler will complete final inspections of machines and subcomponents prior to delivery to customer to ensure the highest quality product is being delivered. Assemblers will be available for shift-work and overtime where appropriate in order to respond to production needs. Assembler will demonstrate high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Assemble machines and component parts per customer orders in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan;
- Perform inspection, test, and troubleshooting during assembly and make necessary adjustments to ensure correct operation of machine while maintaining quality standards;
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products;
- Become a technical expert for products assembled and be top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics;
- Coordinate with Lead Person to identify and requisition parts needed for assembly;
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using timesheets and other methods identified by Supervisor;
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as forklift and overhead crane;
- Recommend process improvements and participate in process improvement efforts;
- Actively work with internal and external customers to identify and solve problems.
- Two years of schooling or specialized training in working knowledge of electricity;
- Proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division);
- Proficient in all types of measuring tools as required (volt and amp meters, tape measures, micrometers, calipers, etc.);
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience reading and interpreting instructional drawings and schematics.
MACHINES TYPICALLY OPERATED
- Power tools and hand tools such as amp and volt meters, air drill, rivet gun, impact wrench, drill press, grinder, etc.;
- Other machines and equipment specific to departmental or facility needs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Heavy work involving:
- Repetitive Motions
- Small motor skills
- Visual acuity
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions. May have temperature changes due to working inside a shop. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dust mists, gases or poor ventilation. There is air and or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
PAY: Depending on experience
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page
SPUDNIK IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE