Engineering | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following positions at our Blackfoot, ID location:
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Drafter at Spudnik Equipment Company is responsible for preparing detailed drawings and specifications of equipment, subcomponents, and individual parts for use in issuing jobs, parts books, service manuals, and other manufacturing documentation. Drawings will be created using the software designated and approved by Spudnik. The Drafter must utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering and drafting practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings. The Drafter will work with multiple departments such as Engineering, Production Control, Production, Service & Repair as well as vendors and dealers so teamwork and customer service skills are vitally important. When required, the Drafter will provide information and support to necessary departments during activities such as fabrication, welding, assembly, troubleshooting, and repair processes. The Drafter will consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Use required software and tools to create accurate drawings based on hand-drawn sketches, 2D printed drawings, engineering notes, 3D models, or other sources;
- Document current equipment configurations by creating and completing accurate engineering drawings;
- Readily update and modify completed or in-process drawings and pictures to reflect necessary design changes made during the design process;
- Maintain existing drawings by incorporating engineering changes or shop floor preferences in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Consult other departments and staff such as Engineers, other Drafters, and Production personnel to properly interpret design concepts, determine the nature and type of drawing required, and ensure accurate relay of information and specifications for drawings;
- Create and maintain parts book drawings in cooperation with Engineers and other departments;
- Process Bill of Material changes in cooperation with Engineers and other departments;
- Prioritize work schedule based on build plan and customer needs.
- Associate Degree in drafting, design, or equivalent workplace experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of drafting and detailing standards;
- Ability to successfully manage, prioritize, and organize multiple projects, deadlines, and tasks with little supervision in both team and independent environments;
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate in groups or one-on-one settings;
- Commitment to excellent customer service for both internal and external customers;
- Ability to effectively work with CAD software, spreadsheets, word processing documents, and other applicable computer systems and software.
PAY: $15.00 - $20.00/hr. DOE
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page