Finance | Blackfoot, ID | Full Time
Spudnik Equipment Company LLC is the North American market leader for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment – all designed and manufactured in our state of the art facility in Blackfoot, Idaho. We have opportunities for enthusiastic, self-directed, and innovative people who are interested in a satisfying and rewarding career. We are now accepting applications for the following position:
LOCATION: Blackfoot, Idaho
The Accountant plays an integral role in the Finance Department at Spudnik. The Accountant is responsible for assisting with the preparation of payroll and the requisite tax filings. In addition, the Accountant will assist with preparing the monthly financial reporting, analyzing financial results, researching tax and accounting standards, and provide regular reporting for management. Teamwork and customer service skills are vitally important as the Accountant works directly and indirectly with customers, vendors, employees, supervisors and managers. The Accountant will consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability, working in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and present financial results by business unit or model number;
- Prepare cost accounting models for presentation to all levels of the organization;
- Assist with the preparation of payroll and the timely submission of all filings including federal and state withholding tax, worker’s compensation, 401(k) submissions, and any other required filings;
- Prepare journal entries, monthly analysis of results, and assist with the reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- Assist all other functions of the Finance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related degree) or six years of equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office products;
- Results-oriented, curious, cooperative nature with a willingness to learn and a positive attitude;
- Experience with VBA or SQL helpful, but not required;
- Experience with ERP systems helpful, but not required;
- Familiarity with agriculture helpful, but not required.
PAY: Depending on experience
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.spudnik.com via the Careers page.