Sales Director for TV/Media/Entertainment
Sales | Austin, TX
Sales Director for TV/Media
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance helps brands, media and agencies get more from their social media efforts by building social experiences into their marketing strategy. The Mass Relevance SaaS platform is leveraged to create real-time consumer engagement by aggregating, filtering, and re-displaying social content from any social network to any digital property – TV, web, mobile, or jumbotron. With over 30 pre-built social experiences and custom solutions in the form of polls, Q&As, filtered streams, second screen experiences, leaderboards, and more, Mass Relevance makes it easy to integrate social into any campaign or media effort. These experiences drive greater ROI by making 'owned' media experiences more participative and 'amplifiable' – increasing sharing, time on site, brand/product consideration and followers/fans. Mass Relevance is a Certified Twitter Partner and also pulls in social content from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google+. In just over two years, more than 250 major brands, sports teams, publishers and broadcasters have used Mass Relevance to layer social into their media efforts. This includes Victoria's Secret, Patagonia, Nike, GE, American Express, Pepsi, MTV, The Oscars, CBS, Fox and NBC.
Mass Relevance is looking for an exceptionally talented person who is looking for serious upside potential. You will manage accounts nationwide and will carry the entire sales process from start to finish - with our help along the way.
To be successful you'll need to work hard and play hard. You have to be passionate and curious about our business and enjoy the pace and ambiguity that comes with a growing startup. You must be a self-starter with a high results drive and ability to persevere while pursuing hundreds of prospects that need our solution.
- Partner with Inside Sales Account Executives to prospect, create, and qualify leads.
- Work with client’s internal marketing, social and digital teams to identify organizational needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate and sell value of our innovative solutions to TV and media, producers, marketers, and executives.
- Maintain a fresh perspective in diagnosing client issues in order to prescribe the best possible solutions and achieve superior client satisfaction with our service.
- Establish credibility and rapport in relationships with senior executives and project champions.
- Use Salesforce to record progress with accounts and stay organized.
- Be accountable for individual goals and metrics, as well as team and company targets.
- Partners with multiple internal teams to ensure the delivery, revenue, and general objectives of clients are being met.
- Initiates projects to improve efficiency in current sales processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on all Mass Relevance solutions and the industry space, keeping current on new ideas, developments and trends.
- Provide ideas to help continuously improve our solutions and keep the company informed about customer feedback and data gathered in the field.
- Experience creating markets (5+ preferred), moving prospects along the sales cycle, and closing large enterprise customers in TV and Media.
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media players, trends, and platforms.
- Must be goal oriented and demonstrate a track record of success.
- Must be able to supply metrics around sales/revenue goals.
- Attention to detail and organization is paramount.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to assess and synthesize date to create compelling stories that motivate prospects to take action.
- Experience working with complex and customizable enterprise solutions.
- Demonstrable skills in independent judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to work with urgency and meet deadlines.
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- Company chef caters healthy lunches all week
- Unlimited beverages and snacks
- Fun Friday – team building events on the last Friday of every month. If it’s your Birthday month – you decide on the activity
- State of the art technology/equipment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, which includes equity and benefits