Regional Sales VP
Sales | Austin, TX
About Mass Relevance:
"Welcome to Mass Relevance. You may have seen our platform at work if you see tweets on TV, such as on The Voice, The X Factor, CNN Debates or NBC News shows. We powered social experiences in Katy Perry's world tour, Pepsi's home page, Victoria's Secret fashion show, Purina's Times Square billboard, and NY Times site. We are the official partners of Twitter in this space, and we work with many other social companies, agencies and partners.
What we do is simple -- with our software (and service), brands can capture and filter social conversations and build them into engaging brand ("owned") experiences. Said another way, our technology can turn any digital experience (and they're growing like crazy) into a real-time, participatory experience. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform enables aggregation and discovery of this content, filtering and moderation, visualization and integration into displays, and analytics and reporting to lift metrics our customers care about, such as time on site, conversion, traffic and customer loyalty. And with that, our purpose is to inspire brands to involve their audiences...anywhere.
Within 5 minutes of walking in our office you will sense our team reflects our values of teamswork, transopency, agilispeed, awesomeness and freesponsibility. We want colleagues that reflect those values, and want to be part of a team that is accomplishing something great. We believe our balanced appreciation for technology, design and strong marketing/sales execution are a winning combination. In our first 2 years we’ve grown to 70 people and over 200 large media and brand customers. Yet, we feel like this is just the beginning. We're looking for passionate people to join us, to build a future together, and invent the next era of social and marketing.
-- Sam Decker, CEO and co-founder, @samdecker
Mass Relevance is revolutionizing the social media curation, and we want you to be part of the team that is defining the next generation of social business solutions. Mass Relevance leverages its proprietary social media solutions and groundbreaking technology to connect consumer audiences with brands.
We are looking for an exceptional leader for our role as Regional Sales Vice President. This person is responsible for our Sales Directors and their deals. This role will be accountable for coaching and training, team leadership, prospect meetings, calls, and negotiations, territory reviews, forecasting for their region, strategic account planning and analysis, territory assessment, and market sizing for the Region they are managing. The successful candidate will work closely with the Vice President of Client Services and Sales and the executive team to develop sales strategies to meet and launch company-wide initiatives, in addition to sales revenue and growth goals. The Regional Sales Vice President will assist with the successful hiring, training, and management of the Sales Director team.
- Develop new business strategies to bring Mass Relevance’s advertising solutions and platforms to new verticals, brands, franchises, and businesses.
- Create and manage new and existing sales pipeline to meet and exceed set revenue goals.
- Prospect for and close key revenue generating partnerships that provide a channel to businesses (including, without limitation, TV and media producers and broadcasters, franchise systems, product manufacturers, advertising agencies and resellers).
- Develop and maintain senior executive level relationships with prospects, new and existing clients and partners.
- Negotiate terms of and manage contractual agreements with partners and clients.
- Coach, train, and support a first-class sales team; Establish team and individual members goals and ensure direct reports have the proper training and tool sets to be productive.
- Help recruit and hire high impact sales team members.
- Measure and monitor sales activities within the territory on a weekly basis.
- Represent company to industry in meetings, presentations, industry tradeshows, and conferences.
- 10+ years of experience in sales or sales management at media/advertising-related or B2B company required. Internet-based enterprise sales experiences plus.
- Experience developing salespeople and building high impact teams.
- Demonstrated success in developing, managing, and closing a sales pipeline of category-leading partnerships.
- Proven values-based sales ability, and track record of sourcing and closing revenue generating partnerships.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking and financial modeling skills.
- Aptitude to understand cultural business nuances, to conduct business effectively in domestic and international markets.
- Capabilities to evangelize, build, organize and implement company strategies, marketing services, and advertising platforms.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others in company across functional lines. In particular, ability to relate well and motivate others on product and creative sides of business.
- Act as team and project lead managing day-to-day operations of sales team.
- Strong understanding of related functions in the organization.
- Ability to leverage resources from outside the sales group efficiently and effectively.
- Expert user of current web/online communication technologies, including browsers, search, email, instant messaging, and forums/message boards
- Advanced user of new and emerging web/online communication technologies, such as RSS, blogs, social networks, etc.
- Knowledge of online marketing techniques, technologies, and media
- Passion for technology, particularly online communication/collaboration technologies
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- Company chef caters healthy lunches all week
- Unlimited beverages and snacks
- Fun Friday – team building events on the last Friday of every month. If it’s your Birthday month – you decide on the activity
- State of the art technology/equipment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, which includes equity and benefits