Marketing | Austin, TX
Mass Relevance is seeking a smart, ambitious and motivated Marketing Manager. This role will play an important part in a broad range of marketing and communication initiatives at a fast paced, early stage startup. This person will be leading marketing efforts with the objective to generate leads, support sales and elevate the overall brand position in the market. The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the sales, client operations and creative teams.
- Own event planning and coordination: event roadmap, speaker pitching, sponsorship opportunities, content preparation, sales prep and post event lead processing and follow-up.
- Manage day-to-day needs of the company web site, with emphasis on information architecture, design and making updates and improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and execute SEO/SEM strategy.
- Develop content for web site, press, case studies, collateral and email marketing.
- Own customer reference program and process around getting case studies, press releases, customer quotes and references developed and approved.
- Manage all social media activities, including project management of blog writing, monitoring and contributing to digital assets, and developing content strategies across all social properties.
- Assist in managing PR agency relationship and oversee press releases and article dissemination. Help to coordinate media events.
- Work with Marketing Director to establish analytics and reporting architecture for marketing efforts and update and maintain marketing campaigns in Salesforce.
- Communicate with sales force and support departments as necessary to accomplish objectives.
- You have 5+ years of work experience in marketing or communications, ideally working for a technology company or agency.
- You have excellent communication and strong analytical skills
- You are a great writer.
- You have experience with SEO/SEM.
- You have excellent project management skills and are highly organized.
- You work efficiently are dependable and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You love social media and stay on top of the latest tools and techniques.
- You are familiar with fresh content ideas that are consistent with the most recent social media trends.
- You’ve worked with Salesforce before.
- You have a sense of humor, positive attitude, and passion for business and entrepreneurship.
- Icing on the cake #1 – You’ve worked with marketing automation or ESPs before (i.e. Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot, Exact Target, Mailchimp etc.)
- Icing on the cake #2 - You have basic technical knowledge to create html-based blog posts or emails.
- Icing on the cake #3 – You have basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
The Perks at Mass Relevance:
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- On-site chef Monday through Wednesday
- Unlimited beverages
- Fun Friday – team building events on the last Friday of every month. If it’s your Birthday month – you decide on the activity
About Mass Relevance:
Mass Relevance. The name of our company is our mission…to get relevance from the masses and bring it back out to the masses. Mass Relevance is the leading social curation and engagement platform enabling entertainment, media, retail and manufacturing brands to drive real-time engagement.
Brands using Mass Relevance include NBC Sports, Thomson Reuters, Al Jazeera MTV Networks, Cisco, Samsung, Pepsi, and Golden Globe Awards.