Support Specialist (Jr. Systems Administrator)
Technical | San Marcos, CA | Full Time
Working directly under the Support Supervisor, this support specialist will provide lynch pin support services to our clients. You will be providing front line remote and on-site support to our diverse client base across a variety of technologies – desktops, mobile, servers, networking, firewalls, cloud, applications, etc. – out of both our San Diego and North County offices. The position will begin on-site at the San Diego Regional office with a gradual transition to the North County office.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must possess a minimum of three years of customer service experience
- Five years’ experience administering business networks
- Advanced troubleshooting experience (networking, desktop, server/OS, & virtualization)
- Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience configuring and supporting Windows 2012 2016 or 2019 Server
- Expert level in supporting in Exchange/365, Active Directory, and/or Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Application skills
- Firewall configuration and deployment experience
- Advanced knowledge of spyware/virus detection and removal techniques
- High attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrate integrity and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with minimal supervision
- Perform root-cause analysis and resolution
- Experienced ticketing service documentation; time entry and management skills
- Experience in prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Resolve and escalate issues that require additional support
- Adhering to client SLA’s (service level agreements) and team performance goals
- Research knowledge base articles for technical solutions and configurations
Other Requirements – Physical Demands & Certifications:
- Ability to work in an office setting including; sitting for long periods of time, lifting, bending. Ability to work in diverse client environments as onsite work is required for this role.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for occasional work offsite.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) with desktop/server exams highly desired or commitment to obtaining Microsoft certification within 1 year
- Cisco CCNA a plus
- Background and Reference Checks are mandatory part of the recruitment and hiring process
Reports To: Support Supervisor
Compensation: Depending upon experience
FLSA Status: Non- exempt
Location: North County (San Marcos) Branch office (after 3 to 6 months training in San Diego Regional Office)
Hours: Monday- Friday 9 am- 6 pm, evening & weekend work as needed, overtime as needed
SpotLink is a premier, high-skill, high-capabilities, San Diego based technology solutions provider. We specialize in Managed IT Services, Software Engineering, & Voice Solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. As an industry leader for San Diego IT solutions, we provide a wide range of technology services including; proactive technology management, network administration, technology consulting, reactive computer support, software engineering, and voice technology solutions.
SpotLink offers multi-featured benefits that include competitive and attractive compensation, holidays, paid-time off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, matching 401k and more. You will receive ongoing training and plenty of opportunities for advancement. You'll also enjoy a fun, friendly atmosphere with weekly company lunches, snacks and beverages.