Content Moderator - Part Time
Product Management | Seattle, WA | Part Time
Want to get a foothold in the tech world? We’re looking for sharp, web savvy Seattleites to join our content team.
Sporcle is a community of creative people who love to learn. Each day, we reach thousands of people through our website, mobile apps, and live trivia shows.
Our content moderators are the bridge between Sporcle staff and the Sporcle community. With new games and features being released every day, we need individuals who can work independently to ensure content is fun, accurate and true to the Sporcle brand.
Does this describe you?
- Once wore a ‘Grammar Patrol’ t-shirt without irony
- Pop culture maniac with strong opinions on Time Lords, Harry Potter, and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Can you name at least 100 countries of the world?
- DIY Knitter who specializes in Battlestar Galactica throw-pillows
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then do we have a job for you!
You’ll be asked to:
Research and edit trivia content and anticipate whether it will appeal to a broad audience
Verify and update data using reputable sources
Respond to user feedback and troubleshoot incoming issues
Provide input on new content and upcoming games
Moderate user contributed games and comments
- Writing blog posts, headlines, and pithy comments
- Photo editing and image manipulation
- Testing new features and product updates
- Promoting the Sporcle brand on social media platforms
- Petting the office dog
Frequent collaboration with product managers and content team. Opportunities to advance.
Sporcle is a gaming company that offers short trivia and educational games through the Sporcle.com web site and mobile apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android and pub trivia in venues across the country. Sporcle was founded in 2007 and has offices in Seattle, WA, Southfield, MI, and San Francisco, CA. If you’ve read this whole thing, please be sure to describe your favorite pair of shoes in your cover letter.