Computer Science/Engineering Intern
Engineering | Seattle, WA
Sporcle is looking for part-time computer science and/or engineering interns
Sporcle creates games, puzzles, and mentally stimulating trivia right here in Seattle. Want to make an impact contributing to products that millions of people around the world see and use everyday? This might be the job for you.
We have a number of infrastructure and web development projects waiting to engage your brain, giving you real-world experience in a professional web and mobile application environment. Working alongside our engineering staff, you’ll be part of projects such as:
- Developing features and tools for the web site.
- Writing tools to improve web and database performance.
- Working on features and releases of our Android and iOS applications.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering major or other engineering areas of study with appropriate experience
- Comfortable in a Linux (Ubuntu) command-line environment
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bourne/Bash shell
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to commute to Sporcle's office in Seattle, WA. Out of state candidates would be responsible for their own relocation.
We work as a team, but everyone is expected to be an independent problem solver with the ability to research and solve their own issues. We have plans and goals, but also embrace change and a little bit of chaos.
We'd love to hear why you are applying for this job, and why you think this opportunity will fit with your personal goals.
Sporcle is a gaming company that offers short trivia and educational games through the Sporcle.com web site and mobile apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android and pub trivia in venues across the country. Sporcle was founded in 2007 and has offices in Seattle, WA, Plymouth, MI, and San Francisco, CA.