Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Spongecell is a creative technology company focused on making data-driven creative simple, effective and scalable by integrating data, machine learning and automation in the creative process. We enable marketers to efficiently deliver the most beautiful, relevant and engaging brand content to prospects and customers across all devices and formats. This is Smarter Programmatic Creative: Data-driven creative. Creative-driven results.
About the Role:
The VP, Sales, North America will have direct revenue responsibility, operational and staff management over their designated territory. He/she will lead his/her team by providing strategic insight, planning and overseeing the operations for all sales activities within their territory, as well as manage a team overseeing development and role execution.
Our new VP, Sales will report directly into the CEO, with responsibilities including:
Overseeing the primary activities of the North American sales team to maximize sales revenues and attain corporate objectives
Managing a sales team of 8-10 members (ie team structure, mentoring, organization, training, strategic planning)
Attaining Quota determined by the CEO
Developing specific revenue plans for sales teams as needed to ensure growth in all products/services targeted by the organization
Collaborating with internal stakeholders (ie Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering) to ensure successful execution of agreed strategies and efficient workflow
Continually developing and maintaining existing partnership relationships
Leading the team by actively adopting and pushing best practices and enforcing sales operations processes
Opening doors to new clients and prospects
Setting appropriate monthly goals for sellers to achieve (meetings, calls, activities, deals won, etc.)
Contributing to overall company strategy
- 7-10+ years professional experience in digital media sales required (Online digital media experience is required; mobile ad experience is a plus.)
- 5-7+ years of Managerial experience
- Proven media advertising sales skills and ability to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Proven track record for developing strong client relationships.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising landscape
- Ability to work collaboratively across all teams
- Highly autonomous, self directed and comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment
- We'll provide you a competitive salary based on your experience, plus great benefits (employee sponsored health and dental, 401(k), great vacation and work environment
- We'll provide you with a fun and challenging job with opportunity for growth
- We listen to your opinions about our company and encourage you to contribute in ways that interest you