Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Spongecell is changing the way digital ads are built, making it faster, easier and more efficient to get breakthrough online creative in front of consumers, wherever they may be. Our Creative Management Platform brings together versioning, decisioning and analytics all under one roof, offering a seamless solution for the data-driven advertiser. This is the world of Programmatic Creative, and we’re making it smarter and more powerful every day.
We are searching for a Tech Lead to join our team and guide their Software Engineering team to create, maintain, and test software. This individual will play an integral role in architecting real-time decision making and bringing to life scalable solutions to ad serving and measuring ad impact.
If you’re excited by processing 100M+ (per day) of web log records, high performing web applications with < 50ms response time and analyzing Big Data for insights, this might be the role for you.
- Create quality code and maintain your team’s responsibility to quality.
- Write unit tests and mocks and encourage your developers to write them too. Conduct regular code reviews.
- Manage the agile process, run daily standups, sprint retrospective and sprint planning meetings.
- Provide education for your team, ramp up new members and keep up-to-date with the developments in your domain.
- Prepare and help the team with technical design, break projects into functional parts, and be familiar with best design practices.
- Generate new feature ideas from time to time (e.g. Hackathons, brainstorming, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree a plus
- 4+ years of experience
- Well-rounded experience building UIs & APIs.
- Experience with object-oriented languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, etc
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL (e.g., Cassandra) database technologies
- Ad Tech experience is a plus
- We'll provide you a competitive salary based on your experience, plus great benefits (employee sponsored health and dental, 401(k), great vacation and work environment
- We'll provide you with a fun and challenging job with opportunity for growth
- We listen to your opinions about our company and encourage you to contribute in ways that interest you