VP of Engineering
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
As the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for all software development and engineering for all Spokeo products, including data products, user experiences, API, and more. You will manage and align multiple engineering teams and disciplines (such as Web, API, Data, QA, and SDET) to achieve engineering and product goals. You will work closely with the Product team to steer the development of high-quality people data and intelligence products for tens of millions of users. This position is a member of executive leadership and reports directly to the Co-Founder and CTO.
- Oversee the design and development of scalable, robust, and performant systems that organize billions of records into solutions used by tens of millions of users
- Own and improve the Scrum software development process behind all Spokeo products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Analytics, Data Science, and Finance teams to align product and technical roadmaps and financial goals
- Partner with the Talent teams to attract and keep top software developer talent
- Collaborate with senior developers to design software architectures, deploy frameworks, and leverage cutting-edge big data technologies and services
- Develop and deploy engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and documentation
- 10+ years of experience with software development and software development life cycle
- 7+ years of experience managing full-cycle software development teams
- 7+ years of experience with software project management and program management
- 5+ years of experience with cloud computing, especially AWS
- 5+ years of experience with ETL, databases, data warehousing, and data engineering
- 5+ years of experiences with web applications and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with SQL, data business review
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience with third-party vendor management
- Why Spokeo? We are the only data company that serves millions of users directly. So you will have the opportunity to work on #BeautifulData experiences and advance #Data4Good.
- What is our compensation package? We target our compensation package at the 75th percentile of the market.
- Can I work at home? We embrace Flexible Work, so you can work anywhere anytime.
- What is our culture like? We have a #transparent culture. Our mission focuses on information transparency, contextual, intelligence, and epistemic transparency.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.