Software Development Manager, Web Applications
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
We’re looking for a technical Software Development Manager (Web Applications) to join our engineering-fueled team. You’ll work with the latest versions of React and Node.js, scrum teams, and 4B pages to impact! You can also help further define and promote best practices for functional areas, continuous integration, automation, and coding standards.
- Direct management of a handful of engineers with opportunities to grow
- A supportive management structure with minimal politics where delegation and autonomy are valued (all managers were engineers at one point)
- Ownership of an area of code and ability to set architectural direction
- Immediate team impact on spokeo.com and its millions of visitors (we release every two weeks and are looking towards continuous deployment)
- Opportunity to shape our development process and code quality
- Daily interaction with technologies such as Ruby on Rails, React, Node.js, CSS, Rspec, Elasticsearch, and SQL
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years managing web application development teams
- 1+ years of guiding scrum-based teams (e.g., scrum master, technical head, etc.)
- Passion for and experience with building collaborative teams and high-quality software
- A team-first leadership style
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Why Spokeo? We are the only data company that serves millions of users directly. So you will have the opportunity to work on #BeautifulData experiences and advance #Data4Good.
- What is our compensation package? We target our compensation package at the 75th percentile of the market.
- Can I work at home? We embrace Flexible Work, so you can work anywhere anytime.
- What is our culture like? We have a #transparent culture. Our mission focuses on information transparency, contextual, intelligence, and epistemic transparency.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.