Software Developer, ETL
Data | United States | Full Time | From $115,200.00 to $144,900.00 per year
Note: Contractors (C2C, C2H) that directly apply will not be considered. Individual applicants only.
Spokeo is a people search engine and identity platform that enlightens and empowers our customers. With nearly 15 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
As a Software Developer, ETL at Spokeo, you will be responsible for implementing and optimizing ETL processes using various data sources. This can include locating and analyzing source data, creating data flows to extract, profile, and store ingested data, defining and implementing data cleansing, mapping data to a standard schema, transforming data to satisfy business rules, and validations in AWS using PySpark on EMR, S3, and other ETL tools, etc.
What you'll do - This includes an estimate of where time will be spent. This is subject to change:
- 25% - Collaborating with stakeholders to define and refine business logic and develop source-to-target data mappings and integration workflows.
25% - Enhance code technical performance and ensure identified issues are resolved
25% - Collaborating with Data Engineers to enhance and optimize new and existing components in the ETL pipeline.
15% - Leading data analysis, ad-hoc investigations into data anomalies as needed, and maintaining technical documentation.
10% - Use best practices for data governance, quality, cleansing, and other ETL-related activities.
- 4+ years of development experience in data and ETL.
- 3+ years of hands-on programming experience with Python.
- 3+ years of professional experience coding using PySpark in big data ecosystems. (Experience Coding using PySpark is required)
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, schema design, and dimensional data modeling.
- 1+ years of professional experience working with dataflow management tools, such as Airflow.
- 1+ years of development experience in highly scalable, distributed systems and cluster architectures using AWS.
- Prior experience working with large data sets (>100M+ records).
- Experience in agile environments such as Scrum and Kanban.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields (foreign education equivalent accepted).
Named Best Company for 2023 by Comparably in the areas of Perks & Benefits, Happiness, Compensation, and Work-Life Balance.
Spokeo offers a bonus program, equity plans, and 401K matching for qualified roles. Twice a year, we do discretionary, merit-based salary increases. Additional benefits include; 100% medical/dental/vision coverage for all employees and unlimited PTO.
Spokeo extends written offers to candidates who successfully complete their selection process. Spokeo’s offers include a base salary, participation in a company bonus program, stock options, and comprehensive benefits. A final offer will depend on several factors, including, but not limited to, marketplace competition, job leveling, the candidate’s experience, skills, etc.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file, and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.