Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Data
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Data, you will impact the quality of the billions of records at Spokeo. You will collaborate with Data Engineering to develop test strategy, test plans, and create test-data for business logic data pipelines. You'll have the latest tools to use: Airflow, Spark, and Pentaho. If you're self-motivated and passionate about designing and deploying efficient automated tests and raising the quality of products, please apply!
- Examine business requirements and create test plans/data to ensure that source to target business logic is implemented as expected.
- Design and deploy integration and black-box tests to ensure the source to target mapping is implemented as expected by the data pipelines.
- Create detailed and well-structured test suites using programming languages like Python or Ruby.
- Review acceptance criteria for user stories & ensure required test coverage.
- Collaborate with the Development team to develop test automation strategy and to deploy reliable and efficient automation.
- Own the defect management lifecycle.
- Must have solid data/anal review skills
- Understanding of testing involving ETL Tools such as Pentaho, Informatica, Talend.
- 5+ years of work experience in software development and quality assurance
- Ability to debug/troubleshoot large sets of data or format related issues
- SQL experience and experience with creating sample test-data from large data-sets
- Experience with or good understanding of data profiling
It's a plus if you have:
- AWS knowledge - S3, DynamoDB, EMR, etc.
- Experience working with Pentaho
- Why Spokeo? We are the only data company that serves millions of users directly. So you will have the opportunity to work on #BeautifulData experiences and advance #Data4Good.
- What is our compensation package? We target our compensation package at the 75th percentile of the market.
- Can I work at home? We embrace Flexible Work, so you can work anywhere anytime.
- What is our culture like? We have a #transparent culture. Our mission focuses on information transparency, contextual, intelligence, and epistemic transparency.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.