Senior QA Analyst, Data Analytics
Data | Remote | Full Time
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 14 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
Spokeo is seeking a Senior QA Analyst, Data Analytics to join the data analytics team. In this role, you will set an example of teamwork, technical ability, thoroughness, and quality while you work closely with Product Owners, Web Developers, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers on a cross-functional scrum team.
In addition to individual excellence, you will run consistent and stable releases/patches, coordinate bug bashes, and help shape exploratory and destructive testing events. Because of your efforts, the quality of production features will increase, the number of production issues will decrease, and our cross-functional scrum teams will release timely, quality features to production.
Our ideal candidate is driven by curiosity and passion for product quality, a drive to take on challenging and exciting projects as well as an unrelenting commitment to improve products, tools, and processes.
- Drive strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes.
- Work collaboratively with the analytics development team on feature documentation and comprehensive test plans.
- Represent excellence in quality within cross-functional teams by preventing, reporting, and resolving data tracking defects.
- Verify consistency in releases with a meticulous eye for data validation across platforms, devices, and browsers.
- Drive and own stable production releases/patches, through clear communication with multiple scrum teams and stakeholders.
- Analyze user behavior data to identify tracking errors and anomalies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of Quality experience in Consumer-facing applications.
- Highly methodical test discipline working with large sets of customer behavior data.
- Able to work independently, and be flexible with changing priorities and simultaneous projects; successful in an Agile development cycle.
- Experience in certifying, and driving consistent releases, as well as delivering within short release cycles.
- Strong analytical skills, detailed, and process-oriented; ability to clearly define test cases, and document corner cases and dependencies others would not think of.
- Experience with exception handlers, monitoring tools, and testing tools such as NewRelic, Kibana, Airbrake, BrowserStack, or similar applications.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Tableau.
- Experience with SQL, BigQuery, and/or Databricks is a big plus
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.