Senior Design Manager
Product | United States | Full Time | From $140,400.00 to $171,000.00 per year
Spokeo is a people search engine and identity platform that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With nearly 15 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
We are looking for a highly motivated and results-driven Senior Design Manager to lead the Spokeo design team. In this role, you will be at the core of user-related projects within our product organization. You will be responsible for nurturing and growing our team of talented designers. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team that challenges traditional ways of connecting people by using complex data for simple solutions. With your peers in Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams, you will craft exceptional experiences that stand out from competitors across industries.
What You'll Do - This includes an estimate of where time will be spent. This is subject to change:
- 25% -Empower and mentor a team of designers to reach their highest personal and professional growth potential.
- 20% - Assist in developing a forward-thinking strategy and objectives to create an intuitive, user-friendly experience that satisfies both customer and business needs.
- 15% - Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers, marketers, and engineers to build top-notch customer products and services that adhere to business objectives.
- 15% - Be a strategic design leader who can bring teams together to solve complex problems and produce high-quality creative work.
- 10% -Leverage user testing and stakeholder feedback to create superior design outcomes while providing guidance and expertise on design to achieve product goals.
- 10% - Manage and maintain design operations, systems, and language with exceptional organization skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- 5% -Knowledgeable about current technologies, design trends, and competitive and complementary products with an innate desire to learn more constantly.
- 5+ years of hands-on product design experience with at least 2+ years of people management experience (creation, reporting, and marketing of consumer-based products)
- Provide a current portfolio of your work that demonstrates the strength of your design processes, creative problem-solving techniques, customer-focused strategies, and capacity to draw out outstanding results from teams.
- Proficient in typography, color theory, responsive design, hierarchy, and other formal design elements, as well as modern design systems, prototyping software, and cutting-edge design tools.
- Proficient in Figma
- Have an in-depth understanding of the creative and web development process and a keen awareness of what resources are necessary to complete projects on schedule while maintaining excellent quality standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's or Masters's Degree in Design or equivalent experience.
Named Best Company for 2023 by Comparably in Perks & Benefits, Happiness, Compensation, and Work-Life Balance.
Spokeo offers a bonus program, equity plans, and 401K matching for qualified roles. Twice a year, we do discretionary, merit-based salary increases. Additional benefits include; 100% medical/dental/vision coverage for all employees and unlimited PTO.
Spokeo extends written offers to candidates who successfully complete their selection process. Spokeo’s offers include a base salary, participation in a company bonus program, stock options, and comprehensive benefits. A final offer will depend on several factors, including, but not limited to, marketplace competition, job leveling, the candidate’s experience, skills, etc.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file, and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.