Data Engineer, Analytics
Data | Remote | Full Time
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 14 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
We are looking for a Data Engineer, Analytics who has an eye for building and optimizing big data systems to join our team. Working in an AWS ecosystem, this role will work closely with the data science and analytics team to direct the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilization.
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from backend services and web browser clients to data lake for business and product analytics.
- Build and manage existing analytics tools to provide deeper insight into the pipeline and capture key metrics.
- Monitor technical performance and ensure that identified bugs are routed and resolved.
- Mentor team members on working with highly scalable distributed systems and cluster architectures and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological advances.
- Work with large, complex SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
- Write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code.
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Strong scripting, programming, and SQL skills; preferably using Python, Ruby, and ANSI SQL.
- Preferred experience with and understanding of event data collection tools like Snowplow, Segment, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, and mParticle, etc.
- Preferred experience with and understanding of ETL tools.
- Experience with AWS services like EMR Spark, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.