Account Executive for Tech Startup (Speek)
Sales | Dulles, VA
Account Executive at Speek
Account Executives (AE’s) are responsible for advancing and closing sales for Speek. AE’s will also be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for small business and enterprise-level accounts. The AE targets and prospects potential customers, researches their organizations, and sets meetings to close new business. The AE is responsible for presenting the value proposition, conducting discovery sessions, demonstrating the solutions, handling objections, addressing conference call usage requirements across small-to-medium organizations, negotiating pricing, and following up with the Customer Success and Support teams (for setting up user accounts) and customers.
Speek has built a rock-star team of 15 people and this will be our first sales hire, so we need someone who can hit the ground running, immediately crush it and set the foundation for our future sales team.
- Manage and sell to an extensive list of small-to-medium companies across the U.S.
- Prospect, develop, and close prospects for Speek’s enterprise-level service
- Work closely with Customer Success and Support teams to ensure customer satisfaction
Required Skills / Experience:
- 1-3 years of on-quota transactional sales experience selling into small to medium sized businesses, ideally selling a B2B SaaS product
- Experience in highly competitive markets and a history of quota over-achievement
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing startup environment
- Teamwork and good communication skills a must
- Four year university/college degree required
- Must be willing to work out of our office space within AOL in Dulles, VA
Competitive compensation that will consist of a base salary, commissions and stock options.
Speek is easy, free and visual conference calling. Use an easy-to-remember personal link (i.e., speek.com/YourName) instead of a phone number and PIN for conference calls. Nothing to download and no elevator music. See who's joined, who's talking, use call controls and more. Speek is a venture-backed startup, having raised $2.6 million to-date. It has been named as one of the Wall Street Journal’s startups of the year and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Most Brilliant Companies. See speek.com for more details.
Want To Apply?
Send a link to your LinkedIn profile
Confirm that you are willing to work out of our office in Dulles, VA
Send answers for: 1) What is your experience selling into the SMB market; and 2) Why are you interested in working for a startup and more specifically, being the first person in a sales role at Speek