Brokerage | Fort Mill, SC | Full Time
Specialty Delivery & Logistics is located in Fort Mill, SC. We provide special deliveries for the Carolinas and anywhere in the United States. We are a growing company and offer a variety of services, including contract labor, transportation, TSA-certified services, distribution, white glove services, and logistics consulting. Our team has more than 70 years of experience in the distribution and transportation business.
As a Broker for Specialty Delivery & Logistics you will be empowered to create and manage a portfolio of accounts while working in a dynamic team environment with unlimited earning potential. This position is set within a fast-paced, multi-tasked work environment. A healthy competitive spirit is a must, as we are growing a division of highly-committed career-minded folks. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their career within the logistics industry and place themselves within a stable rapidly-expanding leader in the expedite sector.
Great COMMISSION EARNING POTENTIAL & long-term opportunity! (Salary + Commission)
To be successful in this role you must posses the following:
- Strong Work Ethics
- Discipline and Commitment
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Success-Driven Attitude
- Ability to handle escalated freight/ carrier issues 24/7
- Book of business preferred
- Carrier base preferred
As a Broker you will:
- Prospect new Business Leads in order to build a Successful Customer Portfolio
- Explore Prospective Customer Requirements
- Manage Customer Relations through communication, accessibility, and industry knowledge
- Develop Carrier Qualifications and solid Working Relationships
- Provide responsive Customer Service and resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently
- Negotiate rates with carrier partners to achieve acceptable or above target profitability numbers.
- Work with sales team to follow up and network by phone.
The basic functions of this position include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in transportation and management preferred.
- Ability to communicate well, written or verbally, with others and convey information effectively so that others understand.
- Ability to work under stress while remaining professional at all times.
- Book customer freight within competitive market rates.
- Source and negotiate within carrier network to move freight.
- Track & trace shipments from origin to final destination.
- Build carrier relationships and source capacity within various markets.
- Generate heavy outbound phone calls to source capacity and build carrier relationships.
- Able to handle inbound calls.
- Must multi-task between inbound/outbound calls – booking freight – and handling email inquiries.
- Maintain communications with Customer Sales Rep regarding changes in pick-up and delivery schedules and potential service failures.
- Communicate customer problems, leads, and inquiries to the Customer Sales Rep.
- Recommend improvements and implement upon managerial approval.
- Properly document orders.
- Proven working knowledge of brokerage industry.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of Specialty Delivery & Logistics.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Highly exceptional customer service attitude and skills.
- Positive attitude & highly motivated.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a strong team environment, while also achieving independent results.
- Organized with paperwork and processes.
- Logistics/trucking: 3 years
- Transportation: 2 years
- Brokerage: 1-2 years