Mechanical Design Engineer
Engineering | Shawnee, KS | Full Time
Mechanical Design Engineer
Special Product Company
Company has 26 years’ experience designing and manufacturing enclosures and cabinets for industrial usages such as telecommunications, security, data storage, and alternative energy. The company is a global leader in repeater enclosures for telecommunications with technical excellence in design, thermal management, and cost containment.
In order to be considered for this engineering role, applicant must submit a cover letter outlining the number of years experience using Solidworks, along with a brief description of any recent Solidworks real world projects. Resume submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Selected candidate will have experience with Solidworks solid modeling software (currently SW2017 Premium) with extensive use of sheet metal design and assembly modeling. Selected candidate will be responsible for direct communications with customers for designing to customer specific requirements, vendors to acquire quotations and assure manufacturability, and the production floor to assure proper assembly. Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are an integral part of the position.
- Develop & engineer new outside plant cabinet and enclosure products
- Design, develop, and support the current cabinet business line
- Create piece part and assembly prints for quotes, manufacturing, assembly, and quality control
- Support Engineer in development and Improvement of current cabinet product line
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing department for assembly and completion of cabinet product line
- In process quality verification and support, from vendor liaison through final production
- Provide support to Sales department for concepts, drawings, etc. related to RFQs
- Provide support to vendors and customers on design related topics
- Assist, Proof, and be the Backup for the creation, maintenance, and publishing of technical documents and product manuals for all product lines.
- Create & maintain item master and master BOM’s for all product lines
- Manage engineering change process
- Provide support to Sales & Marketing and other departments when needed, including training manuals, graphics projects, and marketing materials
- Able to handle diverse situations with limited management direction. Demonstrates ability to think ahead and take action to insure success.
- Possess good communications skills, both written and oral.
- Capable of identifying creative solutions to unique situations. Extreme sense of urgency with a hands-on approach and ability to jump in to get things done.
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing environment and new challenges.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned programs to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary/strategic goals.
- Proficient use of Solidworks modules for mechanical design, sheet metal design, drafting, and file management
- Solidworks Simulation FEA Analysis and Routing is a plus
- Sheet metal component and assembly design experience
- Sheet metal cabinet design is highly beneficial
- Sheet metal fabrication knowledge of techniques and tolerances
- Basic Computer Skills, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Dynamics or other BOM/ECO Accounting software experience is a plus
- Mechanical Engineering Degree and 5 or more years experience meeting the description and responsibilities will receive the highest regard.
- Previous experience in outside plant sheet metal cabinet design with knowledge of UL, CE, CSE, and Telecordia Standards is a plus.
SPC offers a generous health and wellness benefits package, traditional 401k & Roth with a company match, along with vacation/personal time and approximately ten (ten) paid holidays.
NO RECRUITER PHONE CALLS PLEASE