Operations | Shawnee, KS | Full Time
Special Product Company:
Our company is currently seeking experienced Production Workers to carry out various tasks in our busy company. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and manual dexterity necessary for assembly, use of basic hand tools, and computers.
- Prepare prep work for incoming cabinet orders which includes: wiring, soldering, kitting components for orders, etc.
- Must be able to read and comprehend BOM's and assembly drawings.
- Test fiber optic cable using specialized testing equipment.
- Participate in quality control.
- Complete testing documentation as required.
- Install and test customer specified components.
- Pull needed parts for the production areas per the request sheet.
- Assist, when necessary, in loading/unloading trucks.
- Cable rolling, cleaning gel cable, heat-shrinking, and connectorizing.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Use safe work practices.
- Follow company safety and ESD policies always.
- Must have the ability to problem-solve, and give great attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Must be able to use a variety of basic hand tools.
- Minimum education required: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend and/or twist at the waist, reach into, overhead, or around products with arms, pushing, pulling, lifting alone or with assistance.
- Ability to lift 25 - 50 lbs.
- Cannot be color bling (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification). Specific areas only.
- Hourly / Non-Exempt
- Working hours: First shift - 6:00am-2:30pm
- Two 15-minute breaks, 30-minute unpaid lunch