Field Support Engineer
Engineering | Shawnee, KS | Full Time
SPC has 26 years’ experience designing and manufacturing enclosures and cabinets for industrial uses such as telecommunications, security, data storage, and alternative energy. The company is a global leader in repeater enclosures for telecommunications with technical excellence in design, thermal management, and cost containment.
This position will scope, define, and lead profitable growth of services management revenue. Position will supervise and manage all field installation services conducted by third party providers, insuring customer expectations are being met efficiently, accurately. Position will also work with Management and Operations to scope/deploy new service offerings as reflected by the voice of the customer. In addition, this position will be the initial lead on field troubleshooting and post-sales support and demonstrate practical field insights on fiber product design improvements.
There will be frequent travel required i.e., 8-12 days per month at a minimum. Estimated travel to be 25% - 50% of the position. There may be occasional weekend travel of an extended duration, 4+ days possible. This position must be willing to work within customer's scheduled maintenance windows.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of technical aspects of the products serviced.
- Collaborate with engineering, sales to understand and define the voice of the customer specifically in services management and post sales product support. Identify unmet needs of customer field locations and escalate to Management value added product recommendations and solutions.
- Improve profitability of services revenue. Reduce warranty services costs.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems.
- Provide hands-on training/mentoring to client and fellow staff as needed.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Self-starting/self-managing, ability to handle diverse situations with limited management direction. Demonstrates ability to think ahead and take action to insure success.
- Attention to detail is critical. Ability to stay highly organized and maintain accurate records and reports is essential.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, working closely with technical and field decision makers, inside and outside of the company.
- Creation and implementation of appropriate product and field training demonstrations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are important to the position.
- Proactively troubleshooting issues with other departments is critical.
- An understanding of the sales process and cycle.
- Manage multiple projects with varying life cycles.
- Education: 4 year BS degree or equivalent
- Experience: 4+ years of experience desired, preferred demonstrated relationships with RFOG and PON outside plant fiber networks. 4+ years of general Project Management, emphasis on telecom industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Generous benefits package to include 401k/Roth with company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability,
- Vacation/Personal Time
NO RECRUITER CALLS PLEASE