Entry Level Freight Broker
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Are you a recent college graduate looking for an exciting career in sales? If so, check out Spartan Logistics!
Spartan Logistics is a boutique freight brokerage with an aggressive drive towards growth. Our office is located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood and provides a fast-paced atmosphere where our employees learn about, and excel in, a growing industry. We believe in rewarding hard work and helping our sales reps grow to their highest potential.
We are looking for people who are motivated by success and results. This person works best in a team, but also has a strong sense of personal accountability. To be successful, a sales rep in this industry must be able to think on their feet and come up with creative solutions to daily problems. This requires multi-tasking, communication skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
All of our rookie sales reps receive three months of training to fully understand the ins and outs of the freight industry and how Spartan Logistics operates.
- Understand and negotiate customer and carrier freight rates.
- Understand variety of transportation modes and work cooperatively with customers to find freight solutions.
- Use traditional and electronic communication tools to make contact with prospective, current and former clients to identify business opportunities.
- Develop client relationships and shipping lanes through daily activities.
- Establish new business within proper guidelines or credit policy.
- Candidate will be responsible for sourcing new carrier relationships and documenting carrier information.
- Effectively plan to meet company targets and customer goals.
- You are a self-motivating individual with a strong sense of urgency.
- You must Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and multitask with the best of them. The ability to have two lines ringing, be talking on another while responding to an email simultaneously is a must.
- You must welcome a challenge and aggressively pursue learning new things.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree in business or transportation field is preferred, but not required.
- Candidate must possess a strong professional demeanor
Spartan Logistics offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, and other opportunities to prosper in a growing company.