Service Coordinator Early Intervention
Diversified Human Services, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Service Coordinator Early Intervention-Full Time
Washington, PA Location
Work alongside our HEROES… APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A PART OF THE SPHS FAMILY!
**COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE (FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES) INCLUDING MEDICAL AND DENTAL**
**OPPORTUNITY FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT**
**TUITION DISCOUNTS WITH PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES**
- Serves as the single point of contact in helping parents obtain Early Intervention services.
- Coordinating the performance of initial and ongoing evaluations and assessments.
- Referring at-risk children to the tracking system and tracking at-risk children.
- Facilitating and participating in the development, implementation, review and evaluation of IFSPs.
- Assisting the family of an infant or toddler with a disability in gaining access to the early intervention services and other services identified on the IFSP.
- Facilitating the timely delivery of early intervention services.
- Assisting the family in identifying available service providers and facilitating communication with and between the family and the service provider.
- Coordinating and monitoring the delivery of early intervention services.
- Informing the family of the availability of advocacy services.
- Assisting the family in arranging for the infant or toddler with a disability to receive medical and health services, if the services are necessary, and coordinating the provision of early intervention services and other services (such as medical services for other than diagnostic and evaluation purposes) that the infant or toddler needs or is being provided.
- Offering the family opportunities and support for the infant or toddler with a disability to participate in community activities with other children.
- Informing the family of appropriate community resources.
- Facilitating the development of a transition plan as part of the IFSP.
- Maintains regular communication with program Supervisor, appropriate staff and parents to ensure quality care for assigned caseload, attends team meetings and conferences, as appropriate.
- Compiles and maintains all appropriate program information and prepares all required documentation, to include enrollment, service plans and progress reports.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university which includes 12 college credits in early intervention, early childhood special education, early childhood education, child development, special education, family counseling, family studies, social welfare, psychology or other comparable social sciences an 1 year full-time or full-time equivalent experience working with or providing counseling to children families or individuals with disabilities.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation from Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, program staff and other agency personnel.
- Ability to transport oneself and/or clients as program needs dictate.
- Ability to assist, move and/or transfer children weighing up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Ability to receive, understand and communicate information with effectiveness, and follow instructions.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING#22-123. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER