Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Full Time
Southwestern PA Human Services, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Payroll Specialist
2-Full Time Positions available in our Charleroi Location
The Office of Corporate Finance controls cash flow management which includes production of annual budgets, accounting, and up-to-date cash balance as well as tracking both projected and actual revenue and expenses. In addition, Corporate Finance processes all payments to individuals and organizations, tracking of all assets as well as production of monthly financial information, processing all deposits, filing all required taxes, and training on basic accounting and budgeting.
A Payroll Specialist is responsible for the processing and timely delivery of assigned payrolls. As a Payroll Specialist you will gain knowledge and understanding of the agency’s payroll system to accurately pay employees in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, reconcile and prepare quarterly and year-end tax reports as well as reconcile all payroll general ledger accounts. We are looking for someone who is organized and detailed orientated. We offer a positive work environment, training, and an opportunity for growth and advancement.
Work alongside our HEROES… APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A PART OF THE SPHS FAMILY!
**COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE (FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES) INCLUDING MEDICAL AND DENTAL**
**OPPORTUNITY FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT**
**TUITION DISCOUNTS WITH PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES**
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 3 years’ experience or any equivalent combination of experience or training in payroll processing, and/or collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, payroll methods, and federal and state regulations.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, and subcontractors.
- Must successfully obtain criminal clearance from the PA State Police and FBI fingerprint clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
It is the mission of SPHS to identify and provide for health and social services needs throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING #22-122. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER