Counselor 1 or 2 Washington
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Counselor 1 or 2
Washington, PA Location
The Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol program provides initial assessments, group, and individual psychotherapy, education, case management, and referrals to individuals affected by both mental health and substance abuse disorders.
A Counselor will provide clinical assessments as well as outpatient psychotherapy including, but not limited to, individual, family, and group sessions. As a Counselor you will conduct assessment and diagnostic services to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and related treatment recommendations, develop and implement individualized treatment plans using individual, martial, group and family methodologies, participates in treatment team meetings, and prepares, maintains, and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation. In addition, you will participate in treatment team meetings with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, initiates appropriate Intra and Inter Agency contact to facilitate the care of the individuals that are served.
Work alongside our HEROES… APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A PART OF THE SPHS FAMILY!
**COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE (FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES) INCLUDING MEDICAL AND DENTAL**
**OPPORTUNITY FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT**
**TUITION DISCOUNTS WITH PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES**
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related clinical discipline in which the degree program includes a clinical practicum also in accordance with DHS and DDAP regulations or be licensed in clinical discipline that included mental health clinical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Nursing or Activities Therapy in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Drug & Alcohol Program (DDAP) regulations or a Graduate Degree in a clinical discipline with 12 graduate-level credits in mental health or counseling that is accredited and recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the designated managed care credential of Mental Health Professional or Certified Addiction Counselor
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearances from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
The CARE Center, Inc., is an affiliate of Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. (SPHS). It is the mission of SPHS to identify and provide for health and social services needs throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING#22-157. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER