Counselor 1 or 2 Latrobe and New Kensington
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. - Behavioral Health | Latrobe, PA | Part Time
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Counselor 1 OR 2- Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol Programs
Multiple Part-Time Positions Currently Available at our Latrobe and New Kensington Locations
→Flexible Scheduling. →May be eligible for Agency paid health benefits.
→Option to participate in Agency retirement plan. →Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. →Other benefits available.
- Provides clinical assessments as well as outpatient psychotherapy including, but not limited to individual, family, and group sessions.
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and related treatment recommendations.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans using individual, marital, group and family methodologies.
- Participates in treatment team meetings with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, both individually and in group supervision.
- Initiates appropriate Intra and Inter Agency contact to facilitate the care of the individuals that are served.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms, and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related clinical discipline n which the degree program includes a clinical practicum also in accordance with DHS and DDAP regulations or be licensed in clinical discipline that included mental health clinical experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Nursing or Activities Therapy in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Drug& Alcohol Program (DDAP) regulations or a Graduate Degree in a clinical discipline with 12 graduate-level credits in mental health counseling that is accredited and recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the designated managed care credential or Mental Health Professional or Certified Addiction Counselor.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendations.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES POSTING#22-087.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER