Counselor 1 Assertive Treatment Program
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Counselor 1- Assertive Community Treatment Program (ACT)
Washington, PA Location
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) provides comprehensive treatment to individuals 18 years of age and older with serious and persistent mental illness. It provides individualized services including case management, therapy, nursing, and psychiatric care.
A Counselor provides outpatient psychotherapy follow-up services to the adult client population. You will develop and implement individualized treatment/service plans using various therapeutic methodologies. As a Counselor you will participate in case conferences with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, individually and in group supervision. In addition, you will serve as a member of ACT after-hours on call rotation. Additionally, you will enhance the client’s ability to live independently within the community.
Work alongside our HEROES… APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A PART OF THE SPHS FAMILY!
**COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE (FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES) INCLUDING MEDICAL AND DENTAL**
**OPPORTUNITY FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT**
**TUITION DISCOUNTS WITH PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES**
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related social services field with progressive experience in human services, is desirable.
- Ability to carry out rehabilitation and support functions.
- Experience working with adults with serious mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
The CARE Center, Inc., is an affiliate of Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. (SPHS). It is the mission of SPHS to identify and provide for health and social services needs throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING#22-128. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER