Community Engagement Specialist
Connect, Inc. | Waynesburg, PA | Full Time
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Full-Time Community Engagement Specialist
→Agency paid health & dental plans. →Retirement savings plan with Agency match.
→Paid holidays. →Generous paid time off plans.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. →Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
- To provide case management to assigned consumers.
- Utilizes evidenced based models and practices to engage residents to participate in needed services and community activities.
- Provides Case Management and Intensive Life Skills to individuals and client groups.
- Develops and maintains community resources listing of agencies providing information/referral, training, or instruction in a wide variety of social services.
- Conducts follow-up and coordination, with other social agencies and community resources to ensure appropriate service delivery to clients.
- Assists consumers with developing and following through with their individualized recovery service plan.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of assigned caseload, observes progress or significant changes in behavior, and reports issues and/or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provides service advocacy to consumers, links them to community-based services and resources, and assists them with coordinating scheduled appointments.
- Develops and/or coordinates the provision of various human service programs for consumers.
- Demonstrates understanding of recovery-based procedures; participates as a team member in program participant’s recovery plans and maintains appropriate communication with external programs and community resources.
- Able to utilize HUD Housing Quality Standards check list as a tool to teach participants home maintenance.
- Conducts regular home visits to ensure quality of home environment.
- Transports participants to a variety of appointments required to maintain housing and quality of life.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited college or university; one year case management experience preferred; an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered, at the discretion of the Agency.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper service recommendations.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care programs.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper Recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health programs and available social services.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#22-072.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER