The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Charge Nurse (Full-Time-40 Hour Work Week)
LTSR Program, Butler, PA
→Agency paid health & dental plans. →Retirement savings plan with Agency match.
→Paid holidays. →Generous paid time off plans.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. →Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
- Coordinates and monitors all nursing related functions of the LTSR program and acts as the representative of the LTSR nursing department within the program and with external community providers.
- Collaborates with LTSR Supervisor to develop short-term and long-term goals ensuring compliance to all government rules, regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
- Prepares weekly schedules for assigned staff and provides input into determining staffing requirements based on program and consumer needs.
- Conducts all supervisions with all LTSR nurses
- Monitors all LTSR nursing documentation and coordinates with LTSR Supervisor about quality improvement recommendations.
- Monitor’s patient progress and environment on an ongoing basis and completes and submits reports and recommendations of monitoring.
- Instructs patients, family, and home care aides in nursing care procedures relative to patient's needs.
- Completes all required documentation including clinical, statistical, interdisciplinary communications, patient care documentation and other medical information, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences, communications, and documents all contacts with other service providers noted in the patient's clinical record.
- Participates in client or community education/informational programs and events, as required.
- Maintains contact and serves as a patient advocate with appropriate medical professionals, as required by the patient's needs and treatment.
- Performs other related duties as may be necessary or required to ensure patient safety, quality treatment, and successful operation of the program.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or successful completion of a Registered Nurse program from an accredited School of Nursing or a Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing program with 2 years' experience in mental health nursing and valid licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current nursing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal
- staff, providers, and other health care professionals.
- Ability to receive, understand, and communicate information with effectiveness.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#22-054.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER