Certified Recovery Specialist
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. - Behavioral Health | Greensburg, PA | Full Time
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Certified Recovery Specialist
Greensburg, PA Location
Certified Recovery Specialist staff are specially trained substance use recovering peers who help empower individuals who are struggling with substance abuse to build community recovery supports for long term recovery. An individual does not need to be in treatment services to receive recovery support services. The program promotes wellness by identifying barriers and stressors encountered during the recovery journey.
A Recovery Specialist will provide casework and aid participants on how to obtain services needed. In your role of a Recovery Specialist, you will work in partnership with case management and treatment programs to develop a comprehensive Recovery Plan and as needed, will accompany case management staff for field engagement services. In addition, you will complete a needs assessment, monitor coordination of care and progress of clients and connect them with ancillary services such as housing, employment, and transportation. As a Recovery Specialist you will participate in the CRS on call system and respond in person, as needed, after hours. You will also collaborate community programs and agencies as a client advocate with the social services network; to include the court system. If you are looking to provide vision driven hope and encouragement to those in need, come join our team!
Work alongside our HEROES… APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A PART OF THE SPHS FAMILY!
**COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE (FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES) INCLUDING MEDICAL AND DENTAL**
**OPPORTUNITY FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT**
**TUITION DISCOUNTS WITH PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES**
- Must have a Valid Certified Recovery Specialist Certification through the Pennsylvania Certification
Board AND a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearances from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc., is an affiliate of Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. (SPHS). It is the mission of SPHS to identify and provide for health and social services needs throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING#22-165. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER