Caseworker 2 Investigator
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Full Time
Southwestern PA Area Agency on Aging
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
The mission of Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging, Inc. is to promote the well-being of older adults through a planned, coordinated, and collaborative program of health and human services, serving residents of Fayette, Greene, and Washington Counties
POSITION: Caseworker 2/Investigator Full Time Positions Available
Protect services provides access to services necessary to protect the health, safety and welfare of older adults who lack the capacity to protect themselves and who are at imminent risk of abuse, neglect, exploitation or abandonment, safeguard older people’s rights while providing the protective services needed, provide for detection, reduction, corrections or elimination of abuse, neglect, exploitation, and abandonment, establish a program of protective services for older adults who need them, and educate public as to the availability of services and create an awareness of the problem.
A Caseworker 2/Investigator responds as assigned to reports of need and imminent risk and provides protective services as directed to eliminate risk to incapacitated aging clients. As a Caseworker 2/Investigator you will perform face-to-face assessment interviews with client, family members, and caregivers, coordinate necessary care, placement, and other services as necessary, as well as submit findings/reports in an accurate and timely manner for the review of supervisor, and prepares testimony of same for presentation in a court of law as directed.
Work alongside our HEROES… APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A PART OF THE SPHS FAMILY!
**COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE (FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES) INCLUDING MEDICAL AND DENTAL**
**OPPORTUNITY FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT**
**TUITION DISCOUNTS WITH PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES**
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related social services field, or a bachelor’s degree in social work or related social services field
- Demonstrated knowledge and one year of experience providing services to adults in a protective setting
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearances from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to carry a caseload of no less than 15 cases.
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging is an affiliate of Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. (SPHS). It is the mission of SPHS to identify and provide for health and social services needs throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING#22-113. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER