22-028 Activities Aide Charleroi PA
Diversified Human Services - Developmental Services | Charleroi, PA | Part Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Activities Aide (Multiple-Part-Time Positions) PAY GRADE: 4
Riverside Horizons-Charleroi, PA
WAGE: $11.64/hr. (opportunities for advancement within the Agency)
→Flexible Scheduling. →May be eligible for Agency paid health benefits.
→Option to participate in Agency retirement plan. →Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. →Other benefits available.
- Implements both facility and community based therapeutic care, training, and habilitation of adults with Intellectual Disabilities who attend Riverside Horizons.
- Responsible for providing transportation, supervision, and care of 1-6 individuals in integrated community setting.
- Works as part of a team, while facility-based, to provide care and pursue desired activities for individuals present at the facility.
- Supports in developing skills and competencies needed to pursue competitive integrated employment.
- Assist in the development of fine motor skills.
- Participates in community opportunities related to the development of hobbies or leisure/cultural interests or to promote personal health and wellness.
- Assist with teaching clients to navigate the local community, including learning to use public and/or private transportation and other transportation options available in local areas.
- Develop and/or maintain social networks and reciprocal relationships with members of the community.
- Assist participants, caregivers, and providers with identifying and utilizing supports not funded through the program.
- Assists in developing and updating active goal plans based on ongoing assessments, evaluations, observations and interviews.
- Completes service notes and all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, as well as agency policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to transport oneself daily to the facility in an insured vehicle.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday-9:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
- Subject to pre-employment and random or targeted drug testing.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and safe driving record.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Ability to lift or assist in lifting individuals, as may be required.
- Ability to move and/or lift program equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow written and verbal instructions, as well as supervisory direction.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#22-028.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER