21-322 Assessment Caseworker
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
Job Vacancy Notice
POSITION: Assessment Caseworker (Full-Time)-Washington, PA PAY GRADE: 12
Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol
WAGE: $33,014 (Plus an excellent benefits package!)
→Agency paid health & dental plans. →Retirement savings plan with Agency match.
→Paid holidays. Generous paid time off plans.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
- Performs initial screenings and comprehensive assessments to determine an individual’s service needs for mental health, drug and alcohol and co-occurring disorders.
- Responds to calls for services by completing initial screenings, and schedules initial appointments.
- Conducts a comprehensive mental health, drug/alcohol or co-occurring assessment on all clients.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans using individual, marital, group and family methodologies, maintaining a direct service level of 60% minimum time.
- May carry a small caseload of outpatient services.
- Serves as a member of an Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
- Participates in Case Conferences with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, either individually and/or group settings and provides testimony at any court hearings.
- Initiates appropriate Intra and Inter Agency contact to facilitate client care.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule, i.e. evenings, weekends, etc.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Nursing or Activities Therapy in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Drug & Alcohol Program (DDAP) regulations or a Graduate Degree in a clinical discipline with 12 graduate-level credits in mental health or counseling that is accredited and recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the designated managed care credential of Mental Health Professional.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to interpret detailed medical records and documentation obtained from health care providers.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURREN