21-314 Residential Specialist Assistant
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Part Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Residential Specialist Assistant (Butler-LTSR) PAY GRADE: 10
WAGE: $14.21 (Multiple Part-Time Positions Available-with incentives)
→Flexible Scheduling. →May be eligible for Agency paid health benefits.
→Option to participate in Agency retirement plan. →Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. →Other benefits available.
- Provide care and assistance to individuals with mental health diagnoses who need assistance with activities of daily living. Assist in development and the implementation of individualized support plans utilizing knowledge in the field of mental health. Maintains the general safety, security of residents and facilitates activities of daily living. Assists in individual’s choice of social and recreational activities.
- Provides hands-on instruction to residents to implement Individual crisis plans and assist with crisis resolution
- Provides hands-on instruction and support to residents to implement individual support plans, including specialized plans due to the complex needs of individuals in this high level of residential care
- As a member of the housing support team, provides the resident with assistance with personal hygiene as indicated in the resident’s assessment and support plan
- Aids and support with resident Activities of Daily Living and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living as indicated in resident’s assessment and support plan
- Serves as the Primary Advocate for the residents assigned
- Monitor’s residents progress and completes documentation, identifying problem areas
- Assists in meal preparation that meet the recommended dietary allowance established by the United States Department of Agriculture
- Schedules and attends psychiatric and medical appointments and monitors follow-up communicating and collaborating with staff, and treatment providers, as necessary
- Housekeeping including, laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleanliness of kitchen, bathroom(s), and other living corridors
- Participates in regular staff training to include specialized training to develop basic knowledge and skills to assist residents in crisis resolution, and support job performance
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations
- Maintains proper and detailed documentation of all assistance and support provided to each resident
- Other duties as required
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered at the discretion of the Agency.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate with effectiveness.
- Twelve (12) college credits or six (6) months mental health experience required.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Must have ability to utilize electronic medical records.
- Reliable, organized, and committed to the health and safety of the clients.
- Displays a positive and compassionate attitude and manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Public Welfare and FBI Clearance.
- Ability to transport oneself and/or individuals in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of agency vehicles.
- Ability to assist and/or lift clients weighing up to 150 pounds, as may be required.
- Ability to move and/or lift program equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-314.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER