21-307 Prevention Specialist
Westmoreland Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc. | Monessen, PA | Full Time | Applications accepted until Sep 25, 2021
WESTMORELAND DRUG & ALCOHOL COMMISSION, INC.
Job Vacancy Notice
POSITION: FULL-TIME PREVENTION SPECIALIST
WAGE: $37,319 (as a minimum)
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and delivery of a comprehensive prevention program according to the Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission (WeDAC) Prevention Plan.
- Provides presentations and programs to community groups and human services agencies (such as CYS, JPO, etc.) to increase an awareness of drug and alcohol problems within the community.
- Provides presentations and programs on drug and alcohol topics to parent groups, preschools, elementary classes, middle and high school classes to inform attendees of current substance abuse trends and relevant data.
- Presents general informational discussions on drug and alcohol topics to churches, senior citizen groups, fraternal organizations, youth groups, after school programs and parent teacher organizations.
- Responsible for drug and/or alcohol prevention programming/education to Westmoreland County groups and individuals; interact with community organizations at Health Fairs, Drug Summits and participate in other speaking engagements, as assigned.
- Provides classroom presentation and in-service drug and alcohol prevention training to school staff.
- Research new developments and strategies in the prevention field.
- Completes all prevention training required by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP).
- Must complete 12 hours of prevention training courses each year. Courses must be offered by a recognized drug and alcohol prevention organization.
- Complete evidence-based training, as needed.
- Enters all statistics into the Web-Based Prevention System in required timeframe.
- Ensures all evidence-based programs are implemented with fidelity.
- Administers all prevention-related surveys.
- Maintains and continually develops working relationships with schools, community agencies and social service providers.
- Acts as a resource for individuals requesting drug and/or alcohol information.
- Informs supervisor or executive director of relevant prevention issues.
- Participates in the Student Assistance Program from the Drug and Alcohol perspective.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and WeDAC’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Education, Social Behavioral Sciences or related field with one year’s experience in drug and alcohol prevention work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to attend mandatory trainings related to the position that will include some overnight travel.
- Physically capable of lifting and transporting classroom equipment (audio-visual projectors, props, etc.) weighing 20-40 pounds.
- Reliable transportation for work related travel throughout Westmoreland County to deliver services.
- Moderate travel is required.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours.
Qualified individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc., 1200 Maronda Way, Suite 300, Monessen, PA 15062-POSTING#21-307.
ATTN: Executive Director no later than September 24, 2021.