21-264 Medical Assistant
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. - Behavioral Health | New Kensington, PA | Part Time
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Medical Assistant (Part-Time)-New Kensington, PA PAY GRADE: 6
Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol Program
WAGE: $12.16/hr. (plus incentives!)
→Flexible Scheduling. May be eligible for Agency paid health benefits.
→Option to participate in Agency retirement plan. →Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement. Other benefits available.
- Effectively and professionally communicates via telephone, written and web based interactions with patients.
- Schedules patients according to office guidelines.
- Answers incoming calls and returns calls to patients as directed in a professional manner.
- Completes initial processing of patients to include vital signs and initial assessments.
- Checks laboratory and other clinical results, referring all abnormal findings to appropriate staff.
- Provides therapeutic patient education as directed by clinical staff to patients, families or significant others.
- Assists the Physician Assistant and/ or Nurse Practitioner as needed in exam rooms.
- Dispenses patient supplies or prescribed medications as directed by the physician following protocols in place for dispensing these items.
- Follows OSHA guidelines and Universal Precautions in clinical practice by identifying PPE needed and using that PPE as needed in the clinical setting.
- Assists in the completion of the revenue cycle by completing prior authorizations and correspondence between the agency and insurance providers.
- Acts as a liaison as needed between the office and outside providers such as pharmacies, medical supply vendors etc.
- Acts as a liaison as needed between the office and outside medical facilities such as hospitals, home care agencies, laboratories and surgical centers.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, required forms, invoices, charts files, etc. following agency documentation guidelines.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations, codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant training program Medical Assistant Certification preferred. Persons with a minimum of 2 years' actual clinical medical experience as a Medical Assistant may be considered at the discretion of the agency.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to read and write, understand and carry out directions/instructions.
- Ability to communicate respectfully, effectively and professionally with patients and staff.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced medical office.
- Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner and treat patients and peers with respect.
- Ability to complete basic work on the computer utilizing the EHR, word processing programs and send and retrieve emails.
- Hold and maintain CPR/First Aid Certifications.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-264.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER