21-243 Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Part Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (PT-Contract)
Butler Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol Programs
PAY GRADE: 17
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Nurse Practitioner will work with patients who have a mental illness and/or substance use disorder. CRNP should have knowledge pertaining to physical and mental symptoms and/or issues associated with their recovery process.
- Performs clinical assessments or evaluations and assess findings related to the patient’s behavior health condition.
- Assumes major clinical responsibilities and patient treatment according to approved protocols and consultation with appropriate physicians and staff.
- Must work well with others and have strong written and verbal communication skills, not just for communicating with their team members, but also for communicating with patients and their family members.
- Must be able to solve problems to create treatment plans that are best suited to each patient’s unique situation.
- Good listening skills to fully understand their patient’s needs and motivate and inspire the patients to stick with their treatment program.
- Maintains patient's records, routinely documenting condition and treatment information.
- Provides medical consultation to ancillary staff, including chart review and authorization and oversight of medical and laboratory procedures.
- Provides educational seminars related to clinical services and supports continuous learning in the clinical area, as requested.
- Provides clinical in-service to ancillary health staff as may be required.
- Works directly with Mental Health & Drug & Alcohol Clinicians under the supervision of agency physicians/psychiatrists.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner Program, prerequisite being an MSN, with a certificate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program with a minimum of two years of experience in the Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol field (consideration for higher Grade given for advanced degree and needs of the Agency).
- Current and valid license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must have Mental Health Certification.
- Demonstrates the knowledge & skills necessary to provide quality care.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance for the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to work productively and effectively handle multiple changing priorities.
- Good Clinical judgment.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-243.