21-242 Physician Assistant
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Part Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Physician Assistant (PT-Contract)
Butler Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol Programs
PAY GRADE: 16
- Provides direct patient care and supervision of related staff.
- Evaluates the need for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) and prescribes accordingly.
- Performs patient examinations, diagnose and treat illness, order and interpret tests.
- Assesses the need for patient referrals and follow-up consultation with medical specialists, as indicated.
- Counsel on preventive health care, assist in procedures.
- Write prescriptions and exercise autonym in medical decision.
- Make and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Provides hospital rounding if required.
- Monitors performance and conducts in-servicing to ancillary staff, provides medical consultation to ancillary staff.
- Maintains accurate patient records.
- Other duties as required.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program with a minimum of two years of experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- Current and valid license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of general medicine and procedures including the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of diseases and injuries.
- Knowledge of current developments in the field of general medicine and procedures;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of preventive medicine.
- Knowledge of medical jurisprudence.
- Ability to examine patients, diagnose disease, and to prescribe and administer necessary treatment.
- Ability to interpret and use x-rays, and laboratory reports to confirm clinical findings and to aid in the diagnosis of disease.
- Ability to gain the confidence and cooperation of patients and to establish effective working relationships and other employees and the public.
- Appropriate license to practice medicine issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-242.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER