21-199 Family Development Specialist
Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. | Monessen, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Family Development Specialist (Full-Time) PAY GRADE: 12
Monessen Family Center
WAGE: $33,014 (plus incentives!)
Agency paid health & dental plans. Retirement savings plan with Agency match.
Paid holidays. Generous paid time off plans.
Opportunity for growth and advancement. Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
- Provides child development education, developmental screenings, case management, and referral services to students and their families. Prepares various documents (e.g. instructional materials, observation of the child, health information, etc.) for the purpose of providing information required for program compliance.
- Completes the intake and assessment process for students and families, verifying the accuracy of information and need for social services.
- Coordinates monthly home visits, as prescribed, to evaluate child and family and devise a comprehensive service plan that includes strength, needs and goals of child and family.
- Initiates contact with providers of needed services, processes formal referrals, provides follow-up to ensure student and family compliance with service plan.
- Maintains ongoing communication with school district representatives via confidential meetings and written progress reports.
- Participates in staff meetings, treatment team meetings and other activities as required to ensure a team approach to service provision.
- Accompanies student and/or family members to social service appointments, when needed.
- Screens children in program periodically for educational, hearing and visual development for the purpose of referring when necessary to the program supervisor of suspected delays in development.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education or related field from an accredited college or university; one- year case management or public education system experience preferred; an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered, at the discretion of the Agency;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper service recommendations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development, early childhood behavior.
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent’s and/or ratios; read a variety of materials, write documents following prescribed formats and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to transfer written material and documents into a data collection system;
- Demonstrated knowledge of entitlement programs and available social services.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Ability to transport oneself as program needs dictate;
- Ability to assist and/or lift children weighing up to 50 lbs., as may be required;
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders;
- Ability to inspect and identify violations to program policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-199.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER