21-167 Fiscal Technician 2
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. - Behavioral Health | Greensburg, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Fiscal Technician 2 (Full-time)
Drug & Alcohol Patient Accounts (Greensburg Office)
PAY GRADE: 8
WAGE: $23,400 (Plus an excellent benefits package!)
- Performs procedures and tasks necessary to maintain the continuum of Fee for Service processing of billing and collections.
- Generates invoices for appropriate service authorization for units of service provided by clinical staff.
- Monitors the billing and payment process with accounts receivable.
- Generates and reviews the monthly accounts receivable report and follow-up on unpaid claims.
- Addresses and researches denied claims and identifies problem areas for revision and claim resubmission.
- Identifies weaknesses in the FFS process and assists in the correction of problem issues.
- Verifies the service data entry logs for completeness and accuracy.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and two years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience.
- Demonstrated ability and skill using computer software and word processing equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of elementary accounting procedures and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and vendors.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time during the work day.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in data and format and communicate findings to the supervisor.
- Ability to understand and carry out specific instructions.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-167.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER