21-163 Child Care Aide
Diversified Human Services - Child Care Services | Monessen, PA | Part Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Child Care Aide (Multiple Part-Time Positions)
Mon Valley Area
PAY GRADE: 2
WAGE: $10.13 (with opportunities for advancement within the agency)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ON-CALL
- Assists with the day-to-day activities of children in child care centers.
- Assists Group Leader with group activities and/or individual instruction, as required.
- Observes children and reports changes in behavior, attitude, or physical condition to Group Leader, in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate environment.
- Maintain reasonable and regular attendance.
- Maintains the cleanliness and order in the center, assists with serving meals, and alerts appropriate personnel of any emergency situation.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to staff: child ratios.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate with effectiveness;
- Ability to read, understand and implement job descriptions, DHS Regulations, SPHS Child Learning Center announcements, philosophies, policies and procedures, and STARS and Pre-K Counts requirements.
- Early childhood training/credits hours preferred.
- Successful completion of required employment physical.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, FBI Fingerprint Clearance and National Sex Offender Registry Clearance.
- Ability to move and/or lift program equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to do light housekeeping
- Ability to interact with children by walking, running, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, and jumping indoors, outdoors, and on field trips.
- Clarity of vision at varying distances.
- Ability to arrange and move classroom furniture and equipment.
- Ability to tolerate noise.
- Ability to effectively use deescalating techniques and assist with effective child management as necessary.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-163.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER