21-161 Person Centered Counselor and Assistance
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA AREA AGENCY ON AGING, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Person Centered Counseling/Information and Assistance Caseworker
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,682 (plus an excellent benefits package!)
- Implements, maintains and updates the agency’s information and referral system while providing Person Centered Counseling to consumers with multiple Long-Term Service and Support needs.
- Provides technical assistance to consumers and families ensuring quality service, social and emotional support.
- Conducts coordination with social service agencies and community resources to ensure the appropriate delivery of services to consumers.
- Conducts follow up to ensure the consumer is following their action plan while encouraging self-direction and self-determination.
- Make home visits to consumers assisting them with applications while working as a liaison among health and human service professionals.
- Performs a variety of office tasks and functions required by the agency for successful operations and expeditious delivery of quality services.
- Completes registration in SAMS for all new consumers requesting assistance from the AAA.
- Assists consumers with necessary correspondence and contacts to ensure protection of their rights and benefits.
- Prepares and submits all required reports, program forms, documentation and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Receives referrals from various sources, i.e., nursing facilities, personal care homes, physician’s offices, hospitals, etc. for consumers who need AAA services and programs other than those provided by the AAA.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology or a related field from an accredited college; an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered, at the discretion of the Agency.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers and other social service agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper service recommendations;
- Must have basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs, existing health programs and available social services, area-wide.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care programs.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to transport oneself, as necessary, in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction and work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-161.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER